What is Rush smoking this time??
By Number Six
Friday, December 26, 2008 at 07:50 AM
Got to hand it to El Oxycondo: He's consistant about certain things...about being totally wrong, and in this case, oh, yes, someone lend him some tin foil....he sure needs it!
More after the break...
Duh-huh. Seems Rush thinks the current "economic crisis" was specifically engineered by the Democrats...to win the election:
Here’s how Limbaugh’s conspiracy theory goes: Schumer caused on run on IndyMac bank in California this summer, in order to create a feeling of financial panic amongst the public. Democrats then capitalized on this panic with electoral wins in the White House and Congress. The purpose of gaining this power, according to Limbaugh, was to nationalize U.S. industries:And of course, the other rightie-nutties are leaping on this "theorem" like drunks chasing a liquor store delivery truck:
LIMBAUGH: Who’s benefiting? Aside from the people being bailed out. The Democrat party and Barack Obama are benefiting.
They got elected, they increased their numbers in the House, they increased their numbers in the Senate, they got the White House now, and they’ve got a crisis that people think can only be fixed with the all-mighty and powerful government interceding to save this or to save that, when in fact, the government is going to nationalize the automobile industry. It’s going to nationalize some banks. It’s going to nationalize the mortgage industry, and may end up nationalizing the automobile industry.
This theory is quickly becoming a right-wing favorite. Karl Rove and Bill O’Reilly also recently claimed that the economic crisis was deliberately manufactured — not by Democrats but by journalists who wanted to help elect Obama.I didn't see that, did you?
The real culprit of our crisis, according to the New York Times?
From his earliest days in office, Mr. Bush paired his belief that Americans do best when they own their own home with his conviction that markets do best when let alone.Yeah, it must a drug of some kind, I mean, how else do you explain such delusional behavior? Oh, right, they're conservatives...sorry...
As early as 2006, top advisers to Mr. Bush dismissed warnings from people inside and outside the White House that housing prices were inflated and that a foreclosure crisis was looming. And when the economy deteriorated, Mr. Bush and his team misdiagnosed the reasons and scope of the downturn; as recently as February, for example, Mr. Bush was still calling it a “rough patch.”
...reality need not apply.
Hey, Limbaugh said " I am just wondering " as I say, it can't be proven." It's okay to "just wonder," right? For examples:
1. I am just wondering " as I say, it can't be proven--did GW and Dick ("DC") Cheney fund the 9/11 attacks? I mean, who benefitted, other than the Muslim extremists?
4. I am just wondering " as I say, it can't be proven--is GW Bush the illegitimate son of Barb and interstellar aliens, bent on destroying the earth so that the aliens can return and harvest human livers for a specialty pate'? I mean, who benefitted from completely trashing the preeminent nation on this planet and adopting environmental policies like earthicide?
3. I am just wondering " as I say, it can't be proven--is Ann Coulter really the result of Joe McCarthy's cryogenically frozen brain having been thawed and inserted into the body of dead transsexual? I mean, who benefitted from "her" theories about McCarthey being a hero?
4. I am just wondering " as I say, it can't be proven--is Rupert Murdoch secretly in the employ of the Chinese, tasked with destroying popular media so that no major outlet will be available to report the story when the Chinese begin buying up all the "distressed" residential and commercial real estate in the US? I mean who benefitted from the sytematic transformation of the "free press" into the "me press?"
5. I am just wondering " as I say, it can't be proven--is Pat Robertson in league with the Muslim extremists, carrying out a plan to destroy Christians' ability to see straight? I mean, who benefitted from Robertson's unending attempts to pitch religious theories of divine intervention that require believers to suspend all rational thoughtsee the exact opposite of what their eyes see?
6. I am just wondering " as I say, it can't be proven--did Scooter Libby have the hots for Valerie Plame, did he out her as a CIA agent to ruin her career in the hope that she'd come running to him for comfort when her career was wrecked? I mean, who benefitted from her loss of career?
7. I am just wondering " as I say, it can't be proven--did Tom Delay deliberately ruin his political career in order to draw attention away from the fact that he was running a fraud ring that siphoned off money from the US reconstruction efforts in Iraq? I mean, who benefitted from Delay's downfall?
So, I'll "wonder" back:
1)Exxon-Mobil, BP Amoco, and the entire defense industry did.
2)The Corporati, of course.
3) Not medically possible at this time. She's just a fruit, dude.
4) The Republican Party, now known as the Christofascist Party, of course.
5) He was on orders from Karl Rove on that stuff.
6) Come on, everyone knows: You buy her a drink first.
7) We Dems benefitted. Every one of those crooks just nailed nail after nail into their electoral coffin. And we thank them for being such wonderful players. No, the lovely parting gifts are not redeemable, but jail sentences, yes, we do recommend. Thanks for playing our game!
And now, one of my own:
Just wondering, but I'd swear that Republicans all have one thing in common: Each has sold their soul to Lucifer S. Morningstar, LLC. I can't think of a more logical argument otherwise, tin foil or no tin foil.