Finally, guests fit for the Bush White House
By Lee Russ
Monday, July 24, 2006 at 05:30 PM
So AP is reporting that "Bush plans to host 'American Idol' Taylor Hicks and the other Top 10 finalists Friday in the Oval Office."
Finally, a group of guests with whom the beloved president can feel intellectually and personally comfortable.The top 10 conversation starters the fearless leader of the freest country may be considering as he prepares to chat with the may be famous:
- Wouldn't it be nice if they gave you $10 for every vote you got, so you wouldn't have to worry about being the new "American Idle?"
- Do you have people who help you plant ugly, false rumors about your competitors?
- How much would it take for you to sing this new song that Jim Inhofe just wrote, called "It ain't global warmin' that makes me hot near you?"
- Could you folks do a real quick Iraq tour before they close that place up for good?
- Anybody here ever met a guy named Abramoff?
- Anybody here ever met a guy called Cunningham?
- Does NSA help you guys tally up all those electronic votes, or is it them clowns from Dielbold?
- Any of you guys seen a tall, thin Arab with one of them head dress thingies?
- I wanted to tape that last t.v. show, but it turns out there isn't a 21 p.m.
- They sometimes tell me how many votes I got the day before the election; that ever happen to you?